Win a free take away drink - in partnership with the Black Lion pub.
A few local residents and business owners, star in our launch video They embody the rich diversity that makes our community so vibrant.
We are offering you a chance to win a free takeaway drink at the one and only Black Lion pub. In order to be selected for the draw, guess as many spoken languages in this video as you can, and write your answer in the comments underneath the competition post on our Facebook or Instagram pages. Or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org writing "competition" as the subject. Whoever guesses at least 4 languages spoken in the video will be entered into the draw. 3 lucky entrants will win a free drink of their choice - subject to availability and courtesy of the Black Lion pub. Competition ends at 23.59 on Thursday 4th June. T&Cs available below.
By entering this competition, you agree to the terms set out in the competition Privacy Notice and our competition Terms and Conditions
We take your privacy and our responsibility to protect your information seriously.
This privacy and applies to anyone visiting this website www.hfcircles.co.uk. This website is intended for adults who want to enter the competition (the “Competition”) operated by H&F Circles (the “Circles”).
WHO WE ARE
H&F Circles is an online community magazine connecting residents of Hammersmith & Fulham through stories of solidarity and positivity.
As your Data Controller we decide how your personal data is used and protected. This Privacy Notice sets out ways in which we collect, use and share your personal data including the data you provide to us relating to your child or children (your information). It also explains how you keep control of your information and how you can exercise your rights in connection with your information.
Read this Privacy Notice to understand:
How to contact us What information we collect about you How we use information we collect about you Who can see your information When we share your information How we look after your information How long we keep your information Rights and choices
For any queries about your personal data and how it is processed, you can contact us at email@example.com
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you first enter the Competition the information you provide to us includes your name and email address.
Shortlisted entrants and final winners of the Competition will be asked to provide a further information. At this stage we may provide you with further notices about how we process the personal information of shortlisted entrants and winners.
We collect your information when you:
enter into the Competition;
visit this website;
agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Competition;
use our contact form or interact with us otherwise via email or any other method;
are shortlisted in the Competition;
are chosen as one of the winners of the Competition.
We are based in the United Kingdom. Any personal information you share with us or we collect from you as described in this Notice is stored in the United Kingdom.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use your information lawfully. We do not sell your information to third parties.
WHO CAN SEE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be processed by our staff or by the staff of third parties we work with to deliver our business.
Processing can mean any activity that involves the use of information about someone that can identify them. All uses, for example, obtaining, recording, storing, disclosing, organising, retrieving, deleting and destroying are types of data processing.
We take measures to ensure that third parties processing your information on our behalf are acting lawfully in accordance with our instructions and are subject to appropriate confidentiality requirements.
We also have adequate technical and organisational safeguards in place in our company and with third party processors to protect your information. Third party processors of your information include our:
website hosts and operators, IT support providers, database operators, site analytics providers and software developers;
technical consultants and legal advisors.
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not intend to knowingly share your information with others.
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
We look for opportunities to minimise the amount of personal information we hold about you. Where appropriate we anonymise and pseudonymise your information. We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access or unlawful use, such as:
limiting access to your personal information to those in our company who need to use it in the course of their work.
HOW LONG WE KEEP IT
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to administer the Competition. For example, we
auto-delete deleted emails periodically;
conduct regular access reviews to keep access profiles and policies up to date;
maintain a suppression list of email addresses of individuals who no longer wish to be contacted by us. So that we can comply with their wishes we must store this information permanently.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF YOUR INFORMATION
Our company is located in the UK.
Whenever we transfer your personal information out of the European Economic Area (EEA) we will take all steps necessary to ensure that it is adequately protected and processed in accordance with this Privacy Notice by using all appropriate cross-border transfer safeguards such as
by entering into the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses with the provider which give personal data the same protection it has in the EEA; and
where the provider is in the US, the EU-US Privacy Shield if the provider is part of the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Please contact us if you would like additional information on the specific means used by us when transferring your personal data outside of the EEA.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will post any changes to this website.
This Privacy Notice was updated on 01st June 2020.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials and the Competition Website terms. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
This competition is being promoted by H&F Circles (“Circles”).
This is a prize draw competition giving entrants over the age of 18 the opportunity to win a free drink of their choice - subject to availability, to obtain as a take away from the Black Lion Pub 2 SOUTH BLACK LION LANE, HAMMERSMITH, LONDON W6 9TJ 020 8748 2639. Upon notifying the lucky winners, we will share with them a special code allowing them to redeem a free drink from the Black Lion.
Eligibility and Entry instructions
2. The competition is open to residents of the Hammersmith & Fulham council aged 18 or over. Proof of age might be required by the Circles. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
3. Internet access is required to enter.
4. The competition opens at 20:00 BST on 01 June 2020 and closes at 23:59 EST on 4th June 2020 (the “Closing Date”). Submission of entries for specific instalments will be subject to the instalment being made publicly available in accordance with paragraph 1 above. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
5. Competition entries will only be eligible if they meet the requirements of the following instructions:
at least 4 languages spoken in the launch video are correctly guessed
answers are submitted before the specified closing date and time.
6. Once an entry has been submitted it cannot be changed or amended.
7. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Circles does not intend to but reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
Shortlist Entries and winners selection
8. Of the compliant entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions, a draw will take place between the 5th June 2020 and the 7th June 2020 to randomly select three winners.
Notification of Winners
9. The Winners will be notified by email or from Facebook messenger from the Circles team in the week commencing 8th June 2020. Each Winner will be required to accept the by return email and provide additional information including details of their age and name.
Personal data and information
10. The Circles is the data controller of Personal Data that it collects in the course of running the competition and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the competition’s privacy notice. It will use such Personal Data for the purposes of running the competition and delivering any prize(s) and will delete it after a reasonable period from the end of the competition. “Personal Data” means names of entrants and other details provided by them (e.g. email addresses, first name, and other) for the competition. You can request access to your personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org